Buy in the USA from Christianbook.com
Buy in the UK from 10ofthose.com
The backing music, “I Have Decided” was performed by Stefanie Kelly, used with permission. It is available on iTunes at: itunes.apple.com/us/album/yours/id378004142
How to Become a Christian and Live for Jesus
We are all either looking for, or glad to have found, hope. Hope brings zest to life. Hope gives strength to face situations that seem overwhelming. Hope helps people leave behind a negative past and capture the purpose for which they were made. Hope renews, it revitalizes, it remakes; it can even make people feel reborn.
This book is all about finding the hope which matters above everything else. Millions before you, over thousands of years, have walked this path and found meaning and purpose to life. A life with purpose is a life with vision, and a life with vision has hope. Real hope is found not in a place, or a plan, but in a person: Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God.
This short book is designed to help five different types of people.
- If you are new to Christianity, it focuses on the central message of the Bible, and includes a practical step-by-step guide on how to become a Christian.
- If you have already explored the faith, our goal in writing is to help you be sure that you are a Christian, and to have a certain hope that you will live forever with Jesus.
- If you once had a faith in Jesus, but have drifted away from following Him, these pages will help you find your way back to God. He has already taken a step towards you, and is waiting for you to take a step towards him.
- Or perhaps you have gone to church all your life. Maybe you have always assumed you are a Christian. But many who appear to be Christians will one day hear Jesus say, “I never knew you; depart from me!” (Matthew 7:23). If you think you are already a Christian, you must carefully consider whether or not this really is true (see 2 Corinthians 13:5). This book will help all of us, authors included, with that process.
- If you are confident that you are a Christian, we hope that these pages will help you to be able to explain what you believe more clearly to others.
We have prayed for you, that Jesus himself will meet with you as you read this book.
The core of the book is Chapter 4: How to Become a Christian. You can read this for free here.
Full Chapter List
- The Pharisee and the Prostitute
- Died for you. Raised for you
- How Do I Become a Christian?
- Next Steps: What Do I Do Now?
- You Can Change
- Growing in Your Faith: Reading the Bible.
- Walking with Jesus: How to Pray
Hope Reborn is published by Christian Focus. ISBN 978-1-78191-430-4